Thursday, June 4, 2009

quote

(The writer is describing her daily visualization/meditation practice, of meeting with her shadow self -- all her disowned or repressed aspects -- to talk and to listen).

"Since then my shadow has come closer. I'm listening and we're usually friends...Recently my shadow has been asking me to follow her through a rocky valley without looking back. Last week she showed me how to dance a little jig along the way. She's dressed in white in what appears to be a bridal gown. I think she wants me to wed her, the disowned half of myself, and begin to experience the unknown: the feeling of being whole."

- Susan G. Wooldridge, poemcrazy: freeing your life with words

1 comment:

  1. [While introducing a class to the importance of compassionate awareness]: When facilitating a process, you know when a shadow has emerged. Everyone in the room edges back cringing a bit from the smell. A long-denied shadow emerging from its dank basement has a rotten crustiness to it. It literally stinks. --Cliff Barry, founder, Shadow Work Seminars

    ReplyDelete