Monday, March 1, 2010

eviction

What's the opposite of "invocation"? A sending away rather than a summoning? That's the intention here. And these words aren't for any person, but for the leftover critic voices that stay after the people leave. Those residual carcinogenic energies shared by all the people in my life who ever thought it was their place to judge or categorize or find me not good enough. I'm just sick and tired - really - of giving these voices free rent in my head. Maybe "eviction" is the type of prayer I'm looking for here?


You
have
no power
over me

and you are overrated
but neither am I over you
thanks to your too long overstaying
your already tenuous welcome

you do not make me
the same Love makes and
unmakes us both
in the arms of infinity
without reservation
and you will not make me any less
any more

you never knew me
as I am known
by the One All
by the knowing completeness
by the beautiful Unity of Love
you thought it fine
to appraise a broken shard of me
to undo and uncomplete me
to take me, apart
to analyze and separate me from my Source

enough this taking liberties
that were never yours
they're my liberties
enough borrowing voices
not yours to begin with
you're no deity or even guru
or even friend
enough obstructing Life
which never finishes with us
I recreate myself and am
re-created entirely
Love and Mercy never stop their
vast creative liberation

damn this condemnation
banish all this separation
sweep away this alienation
would you just let me BE
bless the embracing regeneration
that speaks peace in every moment new
including if you'd let it
to you too
I let it count me IN
imperfect and in transit as I am
and I will not let you count me
any more

and from that grace alone
I say go
but also may you truly
rest
in
peace

1 comment: