Thursday, June 10, 2010

nothing

"Knowing I knew nothing, and nothing was exactly enough.

...I wondered how I would write when I knew the words for nothing."

-- Mary Sojourner, bonelight: Ruin and Grace in the New Southwest

Nothing's happening here. Really. Nothing changes much from one week sliding into the next. Nothing appears on the page, or finds its way into coherent words. Nothing comes to mind. I'm doing next to nothing in the way of work, or of service to the world. There's been no time, either, for that matter. For about a week, at least. It stopped, dissipated, disappeared. I'm not sure. It probably went down the same river as all the thoughts that didn't surface. In all, I've accomplished next to nothing so far this year. Almost. Maybe if I can only work a little less - struggle a little less - try and want and need and expect a little less - that achievement will truly happen. And then, maybe, I'll be able to write something that's really worth anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment