Sunday, March 15, 2009

an~o nuevo (mio)

folded doubting questions
into the grace of the moment
left the baggage by the highway
and started packing for another journey
cleared the poisons from the heart
with that last remembering poem
and there is finally room for now

the waning year's last days
he tells me
are a time for rest, regenerating
a centering, a clearing out is how I hear it
and these are efforts I can understand
but this is still a calendar, a map,
a territory new to me

the morning of the turning blesses
with so many synchronous connections
in the Valley which will soon be homeground
afternoon I fall asleep awhile
on a floor in front of an altar
and dream of an old man drawing many pictures
whose pattern I just begin to understand
in the moment of awaking

nightfall full moonrise
feet are moving now toward the water
what do I know of this dance
into which I've been invited?
this is a question not for heartmind
always with its warring waltz
but for soulbody
who will not know but will be
and this, by way of feet on earth
and eyes on the other feet in the circle

the most incredible luminous sky opens
purple glow crowned by a queen of moons
platinum strength of river embracing racing
south into an infinity of cottonwoods and currents
all speaks abundance and upholding
full and alive and self-contained but still inviting
feet move in impossible no a possible joy
tracing steps they've never known in silver sand
even the Dipper upturns, overjoyed
to pour its bright abundance
over the river and the Valley
and the beating drum at the circle's open heart

open your own heart
the full moon says
down by the river-edge
I double dare you
and I say
dare me

new beginning
now beginning
sacred time
remaking time
ano nuevo
respiro nuevo
I don't know how to dance
but here I am already dancing
already woven into Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment