Tuesday, March 17, 2009

to do list

in any given week...in this week...

catch up on sleep
do the laundry
take the tips to the bank
take a tip from a stranger
quit the pizza business
find sustainable work
release attachments
drop caffeine addiction
regain endorphin addiction
leave room for the magic
find that portal to Portland
take that left turn back to Albuquerque
retrace my steps
watch my feet
walk backwards in my carbon footprints
walk like I have a head full of Irish fiddle tunes *
listen
see the stars and planets outside the blue sky
carry the memory of Colorado from 14,433 feet
get fluent in Spanish
get fluent in English
take back the city for myself tonight *
develop my inherited psychic abilities
breathe green
dream lucid
resist fatalism
be patient
give thanks
pursue the devastation of my separation *
metamorphose the poison into power *
forgive
hesitate in the space between Wonder and Why *
seek wisdom
love unconditionally
get free


(must cite my sources: the lines with a *
I owe, respectively, to Bruce Cockburn, Snow
Patrol, Joan Osborne, Frank Herbert and Rush)

1 comment:

  1. Hear, hear! With the single exception of quitting the pizza business, I must do all these things and more, too. No wonder I'm tired.
    Thanks for the reminder. I mean, really. :-)

    ReplyDelete