Thursday, August 20, 2009

more silly phone metaphors

Took my ailing, 5-depleted cellphone in to the store yesterday. The friendly service guy is amazed that such an old phone is still working at all. He asks, "What do you use this phone for?" "Communication?" I want to reply. But, seeing my blank look, he clarifies: voice or texting? No, I don't do text, though I can see how that would be likely to do something weird like wear out the #5 button. I've just, once again, used the same old communication tool for too long, with no updates. He takes the back off of it, and several loose screws fall out. "Well, that could be the problem," he remarks. Yeah, that figures. Then he takes it in the back room and works on it for awhile. When he returns, everything's fine again, and he suggests that I just keep the pressure on the center of the 5 element rather than to the left. Well I am left-handed, after all, though not quite a leftist. It's just hard for us right-brained roaming types not to press for more adventure all the time. But I am, at least, able to retrieve my delayed messages from Life now. The first is from my sister: call me back, and we'll continue our envisioning conversations about how to get free of the system, and the labor, and learn to work together more. The second is from the traditional healers who I called two months ago for help with my back pain: no, we're not making appointments for paid treatments right now, but you can come to our free event in two weeks. Alright then. The last is from my fellow collaborator at Trinity House: just wanted to let you know, the back door will be open, if you come in late. Well, maybe that 5 Adventure energy's still functioning at some level after all. How not to stay connected, with such backing as this from all my channels of communication?

No comments:

Post a Comment