Wednesday, May 26, 2010

an imminently readable article

Thanks to the friend who re-re-reposted this. Pass it on some more. This burdened idealist heart can't often handle discussions of looming contingencies, such as peak oil scenarios. But this article is concise, pragmatic, action-oriented. Large-scale but very human-scale as well. A relief from the tragedies of present news and future apocalypse. Though there are plenty of both and they also deserve their acknowledgement. From those who are capable. I'm not capable. Heart starts breaking at any effort to even glance at a photo of the Gulf, for example. I'm only trying to do the work that I can find. Starting with honesty about the place where I am. And then working in the place where I am. Which is what this fine article is all about.

James Howard Kunstler:
Ten Ways to Prepare for a Post-Oil Society
http://www.alternet.org/environment/47705?page=entire

No comments:

Post a Comment