Thursday, February 26, 2009

impending

Tonight the finest rim of moon
suspended waiting breathless
a bowl offering to catch the light
of its sheltering sky's most brilliant star
shining and impending just above it

As evening grew this moonbowl waned
but I saw it satisfied
by all the light it gathered in
both from above and from its source across the meridian
even as it moved more into shadow and became less
yes – let the unseen embrace the visible
and supposed opposing aspects become one

All the transition opening offering of this Now
and still I hang back, hesitating, in suspense
today I said in conversation
I may just hold out hands soon
and catch whatever Life offers
I made the gesture cautious
typical – hands cupped close, supplicant-like
my friend said careful
you might find you have to do this -
and threw his arms wide
as if embracing Life back
in all its unimagined beauty
and my response to that is only
Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment