Wednesday, July 8, 2009

story

This was in the Journal today. It almost made me cry to read it. I don't want to sentimentalize, though. I just want to add my affirmation: to the crazy, irrational, gracefull Motion that IS, in this world. I am tripped out imagining what life might look like right now, to this guy. No less to this little boy's family. Maybe I need to hear stuff like this once in a while, for the proof of what I try to hold onto, with the mind: that it all works together for something...

Silverton, Colo. -- A young man who was grieving after learning that a college friend had drowned rescued a 5-year-old New Mexico boy who was struggling in a Colorado river.

Sean Simpson said he was less than five minutes into his walk after being told the news of his friend's death when he heard children screaming Saturday along the Animas River.

The 5-year-old he saved, James Wilhelm of Aztec, NM, had been camping with his family near Silverton.

Simpson's friend, Anna Schneider, drowned in her family's pool in Chicago on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment