Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mother Earth News rocks!

This comes from the January/February issue of 1977. It cheered my day just to know that somebody out there (Minnesota, in this case) carried this kind of collaborative spirit. This reminds me of something out of Ecotopia. Hope there are still people thinking like this. Or maybe more people that will start remembering to think like this.

****
"So here's my situation: I'm a commercial forager (that is, I'm trying to become one) who has a fantastic idea for processing and marketing a complete line of wild goodies. I know the articles will sell...I'm also convinced that careful planning will ensure repeated crops in the wild year after year.

Problem is, I need bodies to help me get this business endeavor off the ground. I'll throw in my $60,000 maple sugaring facility (which might be partially converted over to the other operation) if someone else will help out with technological know-how -- and maybe a little cash -- where I lack these attributes.

An enterprise like this might give a valuable boost to our nation's diminishing food supply."
****

No comments:

Post a Comment