Wednesday, January 7, 2009

re:connections

Well the train's alright. Although if you take it you might want to find out if it's Okay To Burn in Bernalillo...we were delayed there for 30-40 minutes, as there was apparently a fire on or near the tracks.

3 days in Abq gave me all the friendly communications I was asking for and then some. I found them in their homes, on the sidewalk in front of Winnings, and up on ladders painting unexpected murals in the South Valley. Two friends gave me the gift of listening to my Mexico stories, helping me try to track that journey as it resurfaces, like some underground river, and asks to be followed again. Think I was able, overall, to do equal amounts of speaking freely and listening deeply this week - kind of unusual for us introverts. I'm reconnected now. What a privilege I got - a life in two cities at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment